Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Playing Ground

Georg and Hedwig have arrived at their new foster home, that can give them loads of special attention. Here's the first report from their foster mom:

After a somewhat shaky start, things are going well. I was concerned that
Fletcher in his exuberance to play would end up mauling the puppies, but
they have set him straight, giving back as good as they get.

I crate them at night and keep them in an xpen during the day, letting them
out periodically to go potty and to play. The xpen is good to give them a
break from Fletcher. They have eaten well. I will be increasing their
food intake. I weighed them this morning, and they both weighed 11 pounds
so they should be getting about a pound of food a day. I am going to be
adding some fish oil starting tomorrow because they are a little itchy,
which is probably from the dry air.

Potty training is off to a fairly good start. We are also working on sits.


Anna

No comments: